Colossians 2 & 3
Note all prayers are to be pray in Jesus name.
1. Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord.
2. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Pet. 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
3. Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life.
4. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
5. Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin.
6. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
7. Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you.
8. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)
9. Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows.
10. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)
11. Pray that your husband will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture.
12. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take a clear, strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)
13. Pray that your husband will safeguard his heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex.
14. Pray that his heart will be pure and undivided in his commitment to you. (Prov. 6:23-24, 26; Rom. 13:14)
15. Pray that your husband will work hard to provide for your family, to the best of his ability.
16. Pray that the character qualities necessary for a successful career and ministry will be a growing part of his character – persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, positive relationships with people, determination, etc. (Rom. 12:11; 1 Cor. 15:58)
17. Pray that your husband handle finances wisely
18. He will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments
19. He will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work.
20. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)
21. Pray that your husband will cultivate strong integrity, and not compromise his convictions.
22. Pray that his testimony will be genuine, that he will be honest in his business dealings, and will never do anything that he needs to hide from others. (Prov. 20:7; 1 Tim. 1:5, 3:7; Eph. 6:10-12)
23. Pray that your husband will have a humble, teachable spirit and a servant’s heart before the Lord. Pray that he will listen to God and desire to do His will. (Prov. 15:33; Eph. 6:6)
24. Pray that your husband will yield his sexual drive to the Lord and practice self control.
25. Pray that your sexual intimacy together will be fresh, positive, and a reflection of selfless love. (Prov. 5:15, 18; 1 Cor. 7:3; Song of Solomon 7:10)
26. Pray that your husband use practical skills to build your family and make wise decisions for your welfare. (Gal. 5:13; Phil. 2:3-4)
27. Pray that your husband will speak words that build you and your family, and reflect a heart of love.
28. Pray that he will not use filthy language. (Prov. 18:21; Eph. 4:29)
29. Pray that your husband will choose his friends wisely.
30. Pray that God will bring him men who will encourage his accountability before God, and will not lead him into sin. (Prov. 13:20; Prov. 27:17)
31. Pray that your husband will choose healthy, God-honoring activities.
32. Pray that he will not live in bondage to any questionable habits or hobbies, but that he will experience freedom in holiness as he yields to the Spirit’s control. (1 Cor. 6:12, 10:31; 2 Tim. 2:4)
33. Pray that your husband will enjoy his manliness as he patterns his life after Christ and strong men in the faith.
34. Pray for his physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual strength. (Eph. 3:16; 1 Peter 2:21; 1 Cor. 10:11)
35. Pray that your husband will have an eternal perspective—living in light of eternity.
36. Pray that he will reject materialism and temporal values and put God first in his life. (Matt. 6:33; Deut. 6:5; Eph. 5:16; Ps. 90:12)
37. Pray that your husband will be patient and a man of peace.
38. Pray that he will not give in to anger, but will allow the Holy Spirit to control his responses. (Rom. 14:19; Ps. 34:14)
39. Pray that your husband will yield his mind and thoughts to the Lord.
40. Pray that he will not entertain immoral or impure thoughts, and that he will resist the temptation to indulge in pornography. (Prov. 27:12; 2 Cor. 10:5)
41. Pray that your husband will learn how to relax in the Lord and, in his greatest times of stress, find joy and peace in his relationship with God.
42. Pray that he will submit his schedule to the Lord. (Neh. 8:10; Prov. 17:22; Ps. 16:11)
43. Pray that your husband will practice forgiveness in your relationship and with others.
44. Pray that he will recognize any roots of bitterness, and yield any resentment and unforgiving attitudes to the Lord. (Eph. 4:32; Heb. 12:15)
45. Pray that your husband will be a good father—disciplining his children wisely and loving them unconditionally.(Eph. 6:4; Col. 3:21; 2 Tim. 2:1-2)
46. Pray that your husband will have a balanced life—that he will balance work and play. Pray that he will fear God, but also gain favor with people he knows at work and church. (Luke 2:52; Prov. 13:15)
47. Pray that your husband will be courageous in his stand against evil and injustice, and that he will stand for the truth.
48. Pray that he will protect you and your family from Satan’s attacks. (Ps. 31:24; Eph. 6:13; Ps. 27:14)
49. Pray that your husband will discover and live his God-given purpose.
50. Pray that he will offer all his dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those goals that will bring God glory and count for eternity. (Jer. 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31)
51. Pray that your husband will understand the importance of taking care of his body—the temple of the Holy Spirit—for the glory of God.
52. Pray that he will practice self-control by making wise food choices, and get sufficient exercise to stay healthy. (Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:19-20, 9:27)
53. Pray that your husband will be a man of prayer.
54. Pray that he will seek and pursue God in purposeful quiet times. (1 Thess. 5:17; Luke 22:46; James 5:16)
55. Pray that your husband will surrender his time and talents to the Lord.
56. Pray that his spiritual gifts will be manifest in his career, at church, and in your home. (Eph. 5:15-16; 1 Cor. 12:4, 7)
57. Pray that your husband will serve God with pure motives.
58. Pray that he will obey the Lord from his heart, and glorify Him in everything. (1 Cor. 10:13; John 7:17-18; Col. 3:23-24)
59. Pray that your husband will recognize the lies of the Enemy in his life.
60. Pray that his attitudes and actions will be guided by the truth as he brings his thoughts into captivity to the Word of God. (John 8:44; 2 Cor. 10:4-5)